Saturday 11 October 2014

little miss hug and Penny the dog

There's a new kids' book in Roger Hargreaves' 'Little Miss' series.

I love the innocence of Hargreaves' books, and during my teaching years, enjoyed many of his stories with children.



The new book's called Little Miss Hug and Penny the Dog, but of course it's not written by Hargreaves, who died in 1988. What a fabulous name for a dog, lol.

The profits from this book go to the RSPCA.

I came across the reference to the book in a sad way, because I visited the RSPCA site in order to get information for my letter to the Minister of Agriculture protesting about the abominable cruelty of selling live sheep to countries where they die in horrifying ways. Australia needs to stop sending live animals overseas!

2 comments:

Molly the Airedale said...

We agree - Penny is the perfect name! What a cute video ☺

Love ya lots♥
Mitch and Molly

parlance said...

Yep, gorgeous name, lol.