Saturday 5 February 2011

some lovely vintage dogs

I always love reading Curator's blog, especially when it features vintage photos with pets.

Recently I've been looking through the online archives of our local State Library, searching for pictures to inspire me with an idea for a short story, and I came across this one, with the intriguing description, 'country family with city man'. What story lies behind this photo?



However, what I found most interesting were the two dogs in the picture. I wonder what they could tell us about life on the farm?

4 comments:

Tina & Teddy said...

What a lovely photo...you could stare at it all day and wonder what they werethinking, doing....

I have always been fascinated with old photos...and now, in the future, I will look for the dogs tucked away in them!

Hope Penny is recovering from her swim...

curator said...

Hi Parlance,
Thanks for the good words! And my, that is a well-found photo. (Let me guess who the "city man" is.) I find the dogs interesting because they look more like pets than working dogs. Though, if they are spaniels, they might have done a bit of upland bird hunting.

parlance said...

Tina and Teddy, thanks for the visit. Yes, Penny seems much better. I'm hoping to take her for a walk in the bush tomorrow, with some doggy friends.

parlance said...

Curator, they do look like pets, now that you mention it. I hadn't thought of it.