Thursday 23 September 2010

rest and recreation for dogs

I thought maybe we had overdone it with recreation activities for Penny the other night, so the next day went more like this:





However...
I have made the exciting discovery that a variety of toys to entertain dogs and enhance their intelligence are available at my favorite local pet store, Murphy's Grain Store. They are made by a company I had not come across previously, and seem to be German in origin. The surprising thing is that they are available in wood versions, which are so costly to import to Australia because of the weight.
I'm rather interested in the Trixie Dog Activity Kicker and the Trixie Dog Activity Poker Box.

However, they're expensive, and I think we should get our money's worth out of the Nina Ottosson puzzles we already have, before I buy new ones.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

She is looking so good and great pic of ther leg!
Things seem to be getting better!

Unknown said...

Oh, how interesting to know that there is another company besides Ottosson that does toys like that (well, I suppose it stands to reason...) - we could never get wooden versions even if they were cheap coz of all the slobber that Honey produces when any treats are involved - the wood would rot in no time - ha! ha! In fact, I was delighted to find the Ottosson toys also came in plastic versions - very easy to rinse off drool and slobber!

Hsin-Yi

parlance said...

Hsin-Yi, I thought you might be interested. I agree the wooden ones will be hard to clean, but I find the plastic ones can move around on the floor while Penny is trying to solve them, whereas the wooden ones stay put.

parlance said...

Hound Girl, thanks. Yes, I chose the top photo because it shows the scar so clearly. It has healed very cleanly and I think there won't even be a scar - not that it matters under her fur, lol.