Thursday 27 August 2009

free beauty treatment for dogs in Darebin Parklands

Penny took the mud treatment in Darebin Parklands today and I suppose her skin must be soft and lovely.
Of course, we don't really want to get close enough to check, because...she smells.

First she approached the treatment parlour.



Then she coated herself.









Then she took a grass massage.



Next, a hair treatment - just a hint of colour around the ears.



Followed by a quick dip in the filthy creek to smooth the treatment into her skin.

4 comments:

Slavenka said...

the mud treatment,it must be gooooood.

parlance said...

Slavenka, it certainly smells good - well, to a human it smells foul, but I'm sure it smells great to a dog.

Unknown said...

Ah...Penny!! You're a dog after my own heart!! I try to get those treatments as often as possible too but sadly, my humans don't seem to understand their benefits and are NOT happy when I indulge!! :-) They only let me do it just before they give me THEIR disgusting treatment called a bath where they end up putting some stink on me called lavendar or rose...YUCK!!!

Slobbers,
Honey the Great Dane

parlance said...

Honey, Penny has been extremely lucky that she hasn't had a bath, because it's been quite cold and she was going to flyball practice in the mud and the rain the day after, so it didn't seem worth it.

Somehow, the smell seems to have worn off. Oh, I hope it doesn't mean that we just stopped smelling it, and everyone else can smell it!